2018 Grant Recipients:
BENEFIT Fund Guidelines and Grant Application 2018
Program Partners and Funders
BENEFIT is a coalition of musicians and community leaders uniting people with music to raise funds and awareness for the needs of the Loudoun community. Funds to be awarded through this competition were raised as part of the BENEFIT Loudoun concert held at the Village of Leesburg on September 16, 2017.
BENEFIT Live is a component fund of Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties.
2018 BENEFIT Fund Guidelines
- BENEFIT will consider applications that positively and directly impact Loudoun County. Funded organizations should provide safety net, health, and human services serving the Loudoun community.
- Groups that participated in the BENEFIT Loudoun event on September 16, 2017 will receive priority consideration from the review committee. However, the committee also will consider applications from groups that did not participate in the event.
- You will be asked to submit a 30-second video which highlights the mission and work of your organization. Videos should include a general organizational overview, NOT the specifics of the BENEFIT fund request. Videos need not be produced professionally. Cell phone videos are acceptable. Creativity is encouraged!
Who is Eligible to Apply?
BENEFIT Fund applicants may be area 501(c)(3) public charities/nonprofits, schools, and faith groups providing direct services to residents of Loudoun County. (NOTE: The BENEFIT Fund can support faith-based entities. However, it will not support organizations or projects that either provide or require religious teachings or exclude citizens of different faiths.)
Grant Size, Announcement, and Reporting
- The BENEFIT Fund expects to award five (5) grants of $1000 each. Grants will be announced in May 2018.
- Grantees will be invited to an informal awards reception and are encouraged to join us for BENEFIT 2018 on September 22nd.
- Supporting materials (IRS letter of determination, List of organization’s current Board of Directors, Most recent Form 990 or 990EZ , Most recent audit or financial statement , Board-approved organizational budget for the current fiscal year) must be provided by April 12, 2018.
The 2018 BENEFIT Fund application form is available here. Application forms must be submitted by Thursday, April 12, 2018 at Midnight. Late and incomplete submissions will not be considered.